WIN A $25,000 COLORBOND® steel MATT MAKEOVER
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Information on how to enter and the prize form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The promoter is BlueScope Steel Limited (ABN 16 000 011 058) of Level 11, 120 Collins Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000 ("Promoter").
- Entry is only open to Australian resident aged 18 years or over who own a residential property and are interested in the following products for their home; roof or wall cladding and/or shed installation, and who agree to accept the prize on the terms outlined herein if selected as the winner.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- Promotion commences on 11/08/2017 and ends at 11.59pm AEDST on 21/11/2017 ("Promotional Period").
- Only one (1) entry is permitted per person.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged based on originality and creativity of the answer provided to the promotional question. A judging panel selected by the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, will judge all entries against each other, based on the criteria outlined in this clause. The winner will be notified by email and/or phone.
- The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
The best valid entry, as determined by the judges in their absolute discretion, will win the following prize package:
- AU$5,000, awarded in the form of a cheque or electronic funds transfer; and
- Up to AU$20,000 worth of COLORBOND® steel Matt material in the colour of choice (subject to availability) and installation/delivery services, to be used on the winner’s residential property, for roof or wall cladding and/or shed. Product/installation can be used on a new home or as part of a renovation. The prize materials must be installed at a single residential property owned by the winner, and the entire allocated budget must be used for an eligible installation(s) at a single home. On-selling or otherwise giving away of the material provided as part of the prize by the winner is not permitted. The Promoter will liaise with the winner to organise exactly what COLORBOND® steel Matt product(s) the winner wishes to receive, subject to availability, and will organise the installation and delivery of that material, within the allocated budget. The Promoter may engage its contractors to supply, deliver and/or install the material. Commitment to installation is required from the winner within 12 months of the closing date of the promotion and installation must be complete within 18 months of the closing date of the promotion. In the event that the winner's chosen material (including delivery and installation) is valued at less than $20,000, the remainder of the allocated budget will be forfeited by the winner and will not be awarded as cash. If the winner wishes to choose material in excess of the $20,000 (inclusive of delivery and installation) budget, they can do so, however, the winner may then be required to pay for any cost additional to $20,000, as specified by the Promoter. In the event that agreement cannot be reached between the Promoter and the winner (in relation to the exact material or installation and delivery timelines), despite reasonable efforts of the Promoter, or if the winner is unable to or refuses to have or accept the materials, installation and/or delivery at their property for any reason or refuses to agree to any condition of accepting the prize, the Promoter reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to invalidate such a winner and deem the entire prize (i.e. both elements outlined in clause 13(a) and clause 13(b)) to be forfeited by the winner. The Promoter may in some circumstances, in its absolute discretion, consider awarding a winner who is unable to have the COLORBOND® steel Matt material installed at their home with the element of the prize outlined in clause 13(a) only, in which case the element of the prize outlined in this clause 13(b) will be forfeited by that winner and may, at the Promoter's discretion, be awarded to an alternative winner in accordance with clause 17.
As a condition of accepting the prize, the winner consents and agrees (and agrees to procure any co-owner(s) of the property to consent and agree):
- To allow access to the Promoter’s representatives and contractors to their property prior to the commencement of their property build (where applicable) or renovation, during the property build or renovation and for one (1) month after the property renovation (and installation of the COLORBOND® steel Matt material) is completed;
- For the Promoter’s representatives and contractors to undertake the necessary delivery/installation of the COLORBOND® steel Matt material on the winner’s property;
- For the Promoter's representatives to take photographs and video of the winner's property during each visit outlined in (i) above, as well as the winner in the property ("Property Photos/Videos"), and that all intellectual property rights (including copyright) in such Property Photos/Videos vest in and remain with the Promoter;
- To participate in reasonable promotional activities, including photography/video sessions, interviews and appearances organised by the Promoter;
- To the Promoter using the winner’s property, name, likeness, image and/or voice (including as depicted in Property Photos/Videos, other photographs, film and/or recordings) and a story about the winner and how the prize was used in the winner’s property, in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and COLORBOND® steel Matt; and
- The Promoter has all editorial control over material featuring the winner and/or the winner’s property, and any such material will not be subject to the winner’s prior approval; and
- In the case that the winner's property is a semi-detached home, to obtain the consent of adjoining owners to the extent necessary to permit the installation of the prize to proceed.
- If for any reason a winner does not take a prize (in terms of accepting the prize and the installation of the COLORBOND® steel Matt materials being entirely completed) within 18 months of the closing date of the promotion, then the prize will be automatically forfeited unless otherwise agreed or permitted by the Promoter.
- Total prize pool value is $25,000.
- In the event that a prize winner is invalidated or the prize or a part of the prize is forfeited, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize, or that part of the prize, to an alternative winner who will be selected based on the criteria outlined in clause 11.
- Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified by the Promoter.
Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for any materials they submit via the promotion including but not limited to answers to the promotional question ("Content).
The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law.
The Promoter may remove or decline to publish any Content without notice for any reason whatsoever.
Entrants warrant and agree that:
- they will not submit any Content that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that the Promoter may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication;
- their Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity;
- they will obtain prior consent from any person or from the owner(s) of any property that features in their Content;
- the Content is the original work of the entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third party;
- they consent to any use of the Content which may otherwise infringe the Content creator's/creators’ moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights; and
- they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others' computer or communication systems.
- As a condition of entering this promotion, each entrant licenses and grants the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry (which shall include Content) for any purpose, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion at any time (including after the Promotional Period), as appropriate.
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant's responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia ("Non-Excludable Guarantees). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not
responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity);
whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of:
- any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
- any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
- any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
- any variation in price of the COLORBOND® steel Matt materials or installation and the exact COLORBOND® steel Matt materials that can be redeemed within the allocated prize budget, depending on when and where the prize is redeemed;
- any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or
- use, taking, delivery or installation of a prize.
- As a condition of accepting a prize, the winner may be required to sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
COLORBOND® is a registered trade mark of BlueScope Steel Limited. ©2017 BlueScope Steel Limited. ABN 16 000 011 058. All rights reserved.