"WIN $50K IN CASH & BLUESCOPE PRODUCTS" PROMOTION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Information on how to enter and the prize form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over who agree to accept the prize (in full) on the terms outlined herein if selected as a winner.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- Entries into the promotion open on 23/08/2020 and close at 11.59pm AEDST on 22/11/2020 (“Promotional Period”).
- Only one (1) entry is permitted per person.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- Incomplete, indecipherable, or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- The draw will take place at Anisimoff Legal, Suite 5, Erina Plaza, 210 Central Coast Highway, Erina NSW 2250 on 23/11/2020 at 10:00am AEDST, in the presence of an independent scrutineer. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn. The winner will be notified by email and phone within two (2) business days of the draw, and their name will be published on colorbond.com/theblock and truecore.com.au/theblock from 27/11/2020.
- The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
The first valid entry drawn, from all valid entries received during the Promotional Period, will win the following prize:
- AU$20,000 cash that will be awarded in the form of electronic funds transfer to the winner's nominated bank account in Australia; and
AU$30,000 worth of BlueScope product(s) to be used towards the winner's choice of the following (subject to availability):
- house frames made from TRUECORE® steel;
- roofing, walling, gutters, downpipes, fascia, garage doors, sheds or fencing made from COLORBOND® steel or COLORBOND® steel Matt; and
- installation/delivery services for the products identified in (i) and (ii) above. Product/installation can be used on a new home or as part of a renovation but can only be used for part of the budget, in combination with products listed in (i) and (ii) above.
- The total prize value for the prize is AU$50,000.00.
- The BlueScope prize product(s) (selected by the winner) must be installed at a single residential property owned by the winner in Australia, and the entire allocated $30,000 allowance must be used for an eligible installation(s) at a single home. On-selling or otherwise giving away of the product(s) provided as part of the prize by the winner is not permitted. The Promoter will liaise with the winner to organise exactly what BlueScope product(s) the winner wishes to receive, subject to availability, and will organise the installation and delivery of that product(s), within the allocated $30,000 allowance. The Promoter may engage contractors to supply, deliver and/or install the material and any supply, delivery and/or installation is subject to the terms of any such contractor. Commitment to installation is required from the winner within 12 months of the closing date of the promotion and installation must be complete within 18 months of the closing date of the promotion. In the event that the winner's chosen product(s) (including delivery and installation) is valued at less than $30,000, the remainder of the allocated budget will be forfeited by the winner and will not be awarded as cash. If the winner wishes to choose product(s) in excess of the $30,000 (inclusive of delivery and installation), they can do so, however, the winner may then be required to pay for any cost additional in excess of $30,000, as specified by the Promoter. In the event that agreement cannot be reached between the Promoter and the winner (in relation to the exact material or installation and delivery timelines), despite reasonable efforts of the Promoter, or if the winner is unable to or refuses to have or accept the product(s), installation and/or delivery at their property for any reason or refuses to agree to any condition of accepting the prize, the Promoter reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to invalidate such a winner and deem the entire prize (i.e. both elements outlined under Clause 12) to be forfeited by the winner.
- No responsibility will be taken by the Promoter for any delay and/or error in the delivery of the prize by means of EFT which is outside of the Promoter's control.
- Total prize pool value is $50,000. Prize must be taken in full and as offered. The prize is not transferrable, exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified. The prize is not valid in conjunction with any other offer.
- In the event that a prize, or part of a prize, is unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize or part of the prize in its discretion with an alternative prize or part of the prize to the same and equal or greater recommended retail value and/or specification subject to any written directions from any regulatory authority.
- It is a condition of accepting a prize that a winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier's requirements (as applicable).
As a condition of accepting the prize, the winner consents and agrees (and agrees to procure any co-owners(s) of the property consent and agreement):
- To allow access to the Promoter's representatives and contractors to their property prior to the commencement of their property build (where applicable) or renovation, during the property build or renovation and for one (1) month after the property renovation (and installation of the BlueScope product(s)) is completed at agreed times;
- For the Promoter's representatives and contractors to undertake the necessary delivery/installation of the BlueScope product(s) on the winner's property;
- For the Promoter's representatives to take photographs and video of the winner's property during each visit, as well as the winner in the property (“Property Photos/Videos”), and that all intellectual property rights (including copyright) in such Property Photos/Videos vest in and remain with the Promoter;
- To participate in reasonable promotional activities, including photography/video sessions, interviews and appearances organised by the Promoter;
- To the Promoter using the winner's property, name, likeness, image and/or voice (including as depicted in Property Photos/Videos, other photographs, film and/or recordings) and a story about the winner and how the prize was used in the winner's property, in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and BlueScope product(s);
- The Promoter has all editorial control over material featuring the winner and/or the winner's property, and any such material will not be subject to the winner's prior approval; and
- In the case that the winner's property is a semi-detached home, to obtain the consent of adjoining owners to the extent necessary to permit the installation of the prize to proceed.
- Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason the winner does not redeem the prize (or an element of the prize) by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
- A draw for the prize if unclaimed may take place on 23/02/2021 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. The winner, if one is required, will be notified by email and phone within two (2) business days of the draw and their name will be published on colorbond.com/theblock and truecore.com.au/theblock from 02/03/2021.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant's responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of or taking of the prize.
- As a condition of accepting a prize, the winner must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
The Promoter is BlueScope Steel Limited (ABN 16 000 011 058) of Level 11, 120 Collins Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000, telephone 03 9666 4000.
NSW Authority No. TP/00017 ACT Permit No. TP20/00942. SA Permit No. T20/823