"SURFMIST® Matt" Promotion
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Information on how to enter and the prize form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The promoter is BlueScope Steel Limited (ABN 16 000 011 058) of Level 11, 120 Collins Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000 ("Promoter").
- Entry is only open to Australian resident aged 18 years or over who are able to accept and take the prize on the terms outlined herein if selected as the winner.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- Promotion commences on 03/06/2018 and ends at 11.59pm AEST on 31/07/2018 (Promotional Period).
- Only one (1) entry is permitted per person.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged based on originality and creativity of the answer provided to the promotional question. A judging panel selected by the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, will judge all entries against each other, based on the criteria outlined in this clause. The winner will be notified by email and/or phone.
- The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
The best valid entry, as determined by the judges in their absolute discretion, will win the following prize package valued up to AU$15,000, depending on departure point and date.
The prize package includes the following:
- AU$10,000, awarded to the winner in the form of a cheque or electronic funds transfer;
- Two (2) return economy flights to Sydney, NSW from the winner's nearest capital city, if the winner is not from NSW. If the winner is from NSW, then the prize will not include flights and this element of the prize will be forfeited;
- Return transfers for two (2) people from the airport to the accommodation on Central Coast, NSW, or if the winner is from NSW, return transfers from the winner's place of residence to accommodation on Central Coast, NSW. Exact mode of transfers will be determined by the Promoter;
- One (1) night twin share accommodation at a minimum four star hotel for two (2) people;
- Return transfers from the accommodation to the lunch location (as per the below) for two (2) people. Mode of transportation will be determined by the Promoter;
- A long lunch (up to 2.5 hours) with Kyal and Kara Demmrich for two (2) people. The lunch will be held at a location determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion around The Entrance, with the menu options to be determined by the Promoter.
- Prize must be taken in August or September 2018, on the exact dates notified to the winner by the Promoter, and is subject to booking and flight availability. Exact dates will depend on availability of Kyal and Kara and will be notified to the winner once the winner is selected. Additional spending money, additional meals, taxes (excluding airline and airport taxes), insurance, transport to and from departure point, additional transfers, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs are not included in the prize. The winner and his/her companion/s must depart from and return to the same departure point and travel together. Itinerary to be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion. Frequent flyer points will not form part of the prize. Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers. The winner may be required to present their credit card at time of accommodation check in.
- The long lunch element of the prize provides the winner and their companion with an opportunity to meet Kyal and Kara Demmrich, have a conversation with them and an opportunity to have a photograph taken with them. These elements are subject to the health of and any unexpected circumstances that might impact availability of Kyal and Kara Demmrich on the day. As such, to the extent that they are outside of the control of the Promoter, these elements of the prize are not guaranteed. The Promoter accepts no responsibility and will not offer any alternative in the event that these elements of the prize cannot be offered for any reason outside of the Promoter's reasonable control.
As a condition of accepting the prize, the winner agrees and must procure their travelling companion to agree:
- For the Promoter's representatives to take photographs and video of them during the prize, including but not limited to during the long lunch with Kyal and Kara (Photos/Videos), and that all intellectual property rights (including copyright) in such Photos/Videos vest in and remain with the Promoter;
- To participate in reasonable promotional activities, including photography/video sessions, interviews and appearances organised by the Promoter;
- To the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including as depicted in Photos/Videos, other photographs, film and/or recordings) and a story about the winner and the companion, in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and the Promoter and its products; and
- The Promoter has all editorial control over material featuring the winner and/or the winner's companion, and any such material will not be subject to the winner's or their companion's prior approval.
- If for any reason a winner does not take a prize during the nominated dates, then the prize will be automatically forfeited unless otherwise agreed or permitted by the Promoter.
- Total prize pool value is up to AU$15,000
- In the event that a prize winner is invalidated or the prize or a part of the prize is forfeited, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize, or that part of the prize, to an alternative winner who will be selected based on the criteria outlined in clause 11.
- Prize, or any unused portion of a prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified by the Promoter.
Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for any materials they submit via the promotion including but not limited to answers to the promotional question (Content).
The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law.
The Promoter may remove or decline to publish any Content without notice for any reason whatsoever.
Entrants warrant and agree that:
- they will not submit any Content that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that the Promoter may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication;
- their Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity;
- they will obtain prior consent from any person or from the owner(s) of any property that features in their Content;
- the Content is the original work of the entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third party;
- they consent to any use of the Content which may otherwise infringe the Content creator's/creators' moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights;
- their Content or entry will not disclose information that is confidential or proprietary to a third party; and they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others' computer or communication systems.
SURFMIST®, COLORBOND®, BlueScope and the BlueScope brand mark are registered trade marks of BlueScope Steel Limited. ©2018 BlueScope Steel Limited. ABN 16 000 011 058. All rights reserved.